About the conference
BAME into Leadership
Now in its ninth year, the annual BAME (black, asian, minority ethnic) into Leadership conference has established itself as the key event for those interested in enhancing the capabilities & leadership opportunities for BAME civil servants. The conference & speakers will examine how BAME individuals, at any grade, can continue to overcome barriers, build networks and become the leaders they aspire to be.
Drawing on the strengths of the 2018 event, this year's conference will centre on driving professional development & change. It will offer hands-on advice, practical steps and coaching on how to adapt to new environments, expand networks, utilise opportunities effectively and further your career in times of change.
Attendees will hear from inspirational speakers of all grades & levels both within and outside the Civil Service. Plus learn valuable strategies on how to manage the challenges of modern leadership and help ensure the Civil Service doesn't lose momentum in recruiting, retaining and rewarding BAME leaders.
Dates and Locations:
BAME into Leadership takes place in Birmingham, London, Cardiff, Edinburgh and Leeds.
BAME into Leadership Edinburgh | 21st February 2019
BAME into Leadership Leeds | 7th March 2019
BAME into Leadership Birmingham | 25th July 2019
BAME into Leadership London | 11th September 2019
BAME into Leadership Cardiff | 4th December 2019
2019 Speakers include:
- Anas Sarwar MSP, Member of the Scottish Parliament for Glasgow Region
- Lesley Evans, Permanent Secretary, Scottish Government
- Jacky Wright, Chief Digital and Information Officer, HMRC
- Rami Ousta, Chief Exectuive Officer, BEMIS
- Jazz Bhogal, Deputy Director, Department of Health and Social Care
- Gerri Clement, Deputy Director, EU Exit Capacity and Capability, Cabinet Office
- Uzma Khan, Deputy Director, Economic Strategy, Scottish Government
- Stella Okeahialam MBE, Deputy Director, Home and Legal Infrastructure and Projects Authority
- Rob Neil OBE, Head of Project Race, Ministry of Justice
- Elliott Rae, Head of Defra's Project Race and Founder, MusicFootballFatherhood
- Mushtaq Raj MBE, People Lead, Home Office
- Bernadette Thompson, Co-Chair of Race to the Top G6/7 Network
- Elaine Powell, Peak Performance & Public Speaker Expert, SWC Consultancy and Training
2019 Sessions include:
- Diversifying the Civil Service: the journey so far and the road ahead
- Authentic Leadership: finding the courage to lead authentically
- Overcoming self-imposed barriers to success: shattering your own glass ceiling
- Leading a change in culture: where do we go from here?
- Communicating with impact: presenting your ideas with clarity & confidence
- Finding your purpose: combining passion, mission, profession and vocation
- Building great relationships: overcoming the behaviours holding you back
Why attend the 2019 conferences?
- Examine the barriers & enablers affecting your progression
- Receive hands-on advice & coaching for your professional development
- Gain a deeper understanding of the skills, qualities and competencies required to be a successful leader
- Hear from senior BAME civil servants & BAME leaders on how to succeed
- Network with peers & counterparts from across Government also trying to further their careers in the Civil Service
- Hear from inspirational speakers of all grades both within & outside the Civil Service
Register your place:
Public Sector Rate (NHS, Central Govt, Local Govt etc.): 1 place: £295+VAT | 4+ places or more: £250+VAT
FDA/Keyskills Member Rate: £195+VAT per place
Others: £695+VAT per place
*This event is CPD-Certified and will contribute to your professional development
To register please click here