About the conference
BAME into Leadership
Now in its tenth year, the annual BAME into Leadership conference has established itself as the key event for those interested in enhancing the capabilities & leadership opportunities for Black, Asian & Ethnic Minority colleagues across the Civil Service and wider public sector. The conference & speakers will examine how Black, Asian & Ethnic Minority individuals, at any level, can continue to overcome barriers, build networks and become the leaders they aspire to be.
Drawing on the strengths of the 2019 event, this year's conference will centre on driving professional development & change. It will offer hands-on advice, practical steps and coaching on how to adapt to new environments, expand networks, utilise opportunities effectively and further your career in times of change.
Attendees will hear from inspirational speakers of all grades & levels from across the public and private sectors. Plus learn valuable strategies on how to manage the challenges of modern leadership and help ensure the Civil Service and public sector doesn't lose momentum in recruiting, retaining and rewarding Black, Asian & Ethnic Minority leaders.
This event is CPD-Certified and will contribute to your professional development.
- Examine the barriers & enablers affecting your progression
- Receive hands-on advice & coaching for your professional development
- Gain a deeper understanding of the skills, qualities and competencies required to be a successful leader
- Hear from senior Black, Asian Ethnic Minority leaders on how to succeed
- Network with peers & counterparts from across the public sector also trying to further their careers
- Hear from inspirational speakers of all grades and levels from across the public and private sectors
- Leadership for all: challenging traditional leadership paths & behaviours
- Achieving your full potential: overcoming barriersand maintaining resilience
- Effective communication: enhancing your listening and communication skills
- Leading a change in culture: where do we go from here?
- Demonstrating your track record: applications and interviews
- Integrity in leadership: enhancing performance and building confidence
Dates and Locations:
BAME into Leadership takes place in Birmingham, Cardiff, Glasgow, Leeds and London.
BAME into Leadership Leeds | 29th October 2020
BAME into Leadership Cardiff | 2nd December 2020
BAME into Leadership Birmingham | 10th February 2021
BAME into Leadership Glasgow | 4th March 2021
BAME into Leadership London | 25th March 2021
Register your place:
Public Sector Rate (NHS, Central Govt, Local Govt etc.): 1 place: £295+VAT | 4+ places or more: £250+VAT
FDA/Keystone Member Rate: £195+VAT per place
Others: £695+VAT per place